HOSPITAL MEDICINE CLINICAL SERVICES
The Division of Hospital Medicine actively engages in all aspects of care delivery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s state of the art facilities. While providing timely hospital coverage, we closely collaborate with primary care physicians to ensure optimal coordination and quality of patient care. Our division continues to evolve through involvement and leadership in quality improvement, systems management, medical informatics, and patient safety initiatives.
- The Feinberg Hospital Medicine Service covers more than half of all general medicine in-patients admitted in the hospital.
- Hospitalists on the Oncology Service collaborate with several other oncology services including the stem cell transplant service and palliative care.
- The Northwestern Teaching Service provides a valuable learning experience by allowing residents, interns, sub-interns, and third year students to rotate with a hospitalist.
- The Acting Intern Service provides an excellent opportunity for fourth year medical students to spend time with hospitalist attendings.
- The Short Stay Unit was designed to provide highly efficient and high quality care to patients with an expected length of stay less than 72 hours.
- Our Palliative Care team focuses on preventing and relieving pain and symptoms in patients with advanced illnesses.
- Prior to surgery, patients may be referred to The Peri-Operative Service for evaluation of risk prior to surgery; and for follow-up after surgery.