Core A: Administration
The Administrative Core, designated as Core A, is housed in the McGaw building Mezzanine level, where the offices of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Division at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine are located. The Core organizes and supervises all the administrative aspects of the Program Project and provides leadership, coordination, and the necessary infrastructure to foster interactions between investigators.
Coordinated administrative services by Core A facilitate scientific interactions among the investigators involved in each project and core. The core organizes bi-weekly research seminars on Mondays, which will allow Program Project Grant investigators to present their "work in progress." This improves the overall effectiveness of this Program Project Grant and, importantly, ensures synergistic interactions among the researchers from diverse disciplines involved in this PPG. In addition to fostering frequent interaction, Core A provides the following resources to the investigators:
• Provide statistical and data processing support.
• Administer the use of histology and pathology cores.
• Ensure the PPG investigators meet the highest academic standards and its stated aims though periodic review by the internal and external review committees.
• Optimize utilization of shared supplies and services while maintaining quality and economies of scale.
• Develop an electronic file of reports, website, publications, and presentations of the PPG.
• Facilitate the use of common and core resources by all projects and cores.
• Centralize all administrative actions and financial reports.
• Prepare the scientific and financial reports required by Northwestern University and NHLBI.
Jacob I. Sznajder, Core Leader
Anjana Yeldandi, Co-Investigator
Mary Kwasny, Co-Investigator