Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Center (MCRC)
Leadership: Executive Committee
The Executive Committee of the Northwestern MCRC provides scientific leadership and bears ultimate responsibility for achievement of the Center’s objectives. The Executive Committee includes senior investigators who have, for many years, vigorously promoted clinical research involving conditions or applying methodologies relevant to the MCRC mission. Each member brings a different background and a unique set of experiences, providing multidisciplinary scrutiny of each issue.
The Committee meets bimonthly to consider all issues relevant to the progress of the work and the scientific directions of the MCRC. The Committee is responsible for identifying and pursuing new opportunities for interaction and development. Such opportunities are greatly enhanced by the roles these individuals play in their local/institutional, national, and international communities.
The Executive Committee is composed of:
- Richard M. Pope MD, chair of this committee (Rheumatology)
- Rosalind-Ramsey Goldman MD, DrPH (Rheumatology)
- Rowland Chang MD, MPH (Preventive Medicine, Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
- Leena Sharma MD (Rheumatology)
- Lauren Pachman MD (Pediatric Rheumatology)
- W. Zev Rymer MD, PhD (Sensorimotor Performance Program, Physiology)
- Thomas Schnitzer MD, PhD (Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Leadership: Oversight Committee
The Oversight Committee meets yearly with the Executive Committee to receive a summary of the progress of the Center during the prior year and to review the goals, plans, and obstacles to achieving these goals and plans. Members of the Executive Committee have additional meetings with these leaders on a regular basis, providing the opportunity for input as needed during each year.
The Oversight Committee is composed of:
- Philip Greenland MD, Harry W. Dingman Professor, Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research, PI of the NU CTSA and Director, NU Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (NUCATS, NU’s CTSA entity)
- Douglas Vaughan MD, Irving S. Cutter Professor and Chairman of Medicine
- Jane Holl MD, MPH, Director, Institute for Healthcare Studies
- Lewis Landsberg, MD, Irving S. Cutter Professor and Dean Emeritus, Director Northwestern University Comprehensive Center on Obesity