This site is designed to assist division administrators, staff, and faculty with appointment processes for the Department of Medicine. It contains a page devoted to each appointment type--Regular Faculty, Research Faculty, Research Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows and Mid-Level Providers--offering the information, forms, and resources necessary to successfully complete appointment actions ranging from new appointments to promotions to terminations. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions for improving this website, please contact the DOM FA staff.
The DOM Faculty Affairs team serves as the Division's liaison to the Feinberg School of Medicine's Faculty Affairs Office, the Medical Staff Administration (or Medical Staff Office), and the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation. Divisions work with their candidates to collect all the items necessary for specific appointments and then submit the complete paperwork to the DOM Faculty Affairs staff for review, approval by the Department Chair, and management of the appointment process.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Mandatory Process Changes
- The FAO Offer Letter templates must be used for all offer letter drafts.
- The updated NMFF Member Agreement Template must be used for all new NMFF members.
- The updated Personal Data Form must be used for all new faculty and research staff appointments.
- The Initial Business Plan and Recruit Funding Spreadsheet have been consolidated into one document called the Business Plan. On the spreadsheet, select "Initial" for pre-search requests and "Final" for faculty appointments. Please visit the Recruitment section for more information regarding Pre-Search requests and the Faculty Appointment Checklist and Start Date Calculator and Checklist Generator for required regular faculty appointment documents.
- Use the updated Consultant Checklist, Consultant Agreement Template and Amendment to Current Consultant Agreement.
New Resources and Features
- Please join the International Office staff for their first Department Roundtable on April 23 (4-5pm, Chicago campus) or April 26 (3-4pm, Evanston campus). This informal meeting is an opportunity for you to ask IO staff about your general processing or case specific questions. You must e-mail the International Office to RSVP with your name and the location/date you would like to attend.
- The International Office held a webinar on February 26th for the transition to LawLogix. If you were unable to listen in, please see the following link for a recording of the webinar: LawLogix Webinar.
- The International Office held a webinar on February 15th for J-1 Forms. If you were unable to listen in, please see the following link for a recording of the webinar: New J-1 Forms Webinar.
- The Department of Medicine held a Faculty Affairs Workshop in 2011. Please click here to view the slides from the presentation.
- Use the Departures page to find information on how to process departures and leaves for various types of appointments, as well as sample letters and other helpful links.
- A listing and definitions of common NU, NMFF and NMH titles, bases and processes are available on the Glossary page.
- The slides from the basic immigration training session held by the International Office are available on the Visa Overview page.
- Review the Department of Medicine FPPE Timeline to see the estimated completion timelines for FPPEs.