2009 Faculty Highlights
- Mary McDermott, MD, medicine (NU alumna), received the 2009 Best PAD Research Award from the Peripheral Arterial Disease Coalition
- Jamie Hayden Von Roenn, MD, professor of medicine, is the recipient of the 2009 American Society of Clinical Oncology Statesman Award.
- Donald Lloyd-Jones, MD, Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine and Medicine for the Feinberg School of Medicine, has been named the new Chair of Preventive Medicine, effective November 9, 2009.
- Shuo Ma, MD received a 2009 Special Fellow and Clinical Research award from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Leon Platanias, MD was elected president of the International Society for Interferon and Cytokine Research effective January 1, 2010.
- Jamie H. Von Roenn, MD was awarded the 2009 ASCO Statesman Award, which recognizes ASCO members for extraordinary volunteer service, dedication, and commitment to the Society.
- Society of Hospital Medicine Procedure Skills Course. September 30, 2009: Course Director Jeffrey Barsuk, MD shows how to perform procedures safely using simulation technology.
- Anna Lam, MD, in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, recently recieved this award from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's (NHLBI) American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds.
- Robert O. Bonow, MD, was the recipient of the 2009 James B. Herrick award of the Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association.
- J Larry Jameson, MD, has been chosen for the 2009 Rodman E. Sheen and Thomas G. Sheen Award.
Kenzie A. Cameron receives R01 and R21 grants:
Grant #1:The Effect of Fact versus Myth Messages on Receipt of Influenza Vaccination (R21 grant funded by the National Institute on Aging)
Grant #2: Low-Literacy Physician-Patient Intervention Promoting Colorectal Cancer Screening (R01 grant funded by the National Cancer Institute) ...read more
2009 Leapfrog Award:
Northwestern Memorial Hospital receives an award from the Leapfrom Group during the December 2009 Leapfrog Annual Meeting. ...read more
Haiti Patients: resilience and courage:
Images of the devastating earthquake in Haiti are on the news daily depicting thousands of shattered homes and lives. But amongst the chaos and pain, there is hope. ...read more