Advanced Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Advanced Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging fellowship training program is a two-year, GME recognized program within the Division of Cardiology at Northwestern University. Offering two fellowship positions annually, we follow a standard GME academic calendar (July 1 through June 30).
In addition to a strong clinical program, Northwestern Advanced Imaging fellows are expected to participate in a wide variety of research projects, from basic/translational to clinical research.
Our fellows achieve exposure and competency in the following areas:
Year 1- Advanced Echocardiography
- 3D echo
- Interventional echo
- Advanced quantitation
- Adult congenital heart disease
Year 2- Advanced Imaging
- Full spectrum CT
- Full spectrum MRI
The Department of Medicine at Northwestern University seeks to attract inquisitive, motivated residents and fellows and is committed to providing them with every opportunity for success. The greatest challenges facing the medical field are complex, and addressing them will require a diverse body of physicians and researchers who can work collaboratively. Northwestern offers unparalleled training and research opportunities and encourages fellowship applications from those who seek to become future leaders in the subspecialties of medicine. We are committed to and inspired by a diverse and inclusive work environment that allows each trainee to achieve their personal goals.
For more information on Northwestern’s commitment to diversity please see the following resources:
- Completion of ACGME-accredited Cardiovascular Disease fellowship training, as per ABIM guidelines or the international equivalent.
- ABIM board certification or board eligibility
- Must secure full Illinois State Medical License prior to July 1st training date .
- Applicants must also possess valid ECFMG certification and secure the appropriate visa sponsorship.
We appreciate your interest in our program.
For those planning to apply for the 2025-2026 Academic Year, THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 1, 2024. The following documents are required from each candidate:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement (1 Page Max.)
- USMLE Transcript with STEP I, II and III scores
- ABIM Board Certificate
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- ACLS and BLS Certifications
- One Letter of Recommendation from Cardiovascular Disease Program Director
- Two Letters of Recommendations from Cardiologists familiar with candidate's work
- McGaw GME Fellowship Application
Housestaff training through McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University provides diverse and challenging clinical experiences and world-class education located in the heart of the beautiful city of Chicago. Learn more via the links to the McGaw website below.
Watch Our Videos
Further program details, including our housestaff manual and a sample training contract, are available on our McGaw Medical Center Graduate Education site.
Jyothy Puthumana, MD
Program Director - Advanced Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging
Physician-Scientist Training & Resources
We offer a wide range of resources, mentorship opportunities and formal training programs to help our residents and fellows excel as physician-scientists. Explore all of the resources and hear from housestaff who are making research a major part of their career development plans.