The Division of Hospital Medicine within the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine's Department of Medicine instills patient-focus and teamwork into our approach to training, research, quality improvement and clinical care.
Our faculty members are trained in internal medicine and are experts in the management and coordination of care in the hospital setting. Our program is nationally recognized for our research and quality improvement projects (for which we receive over $4 million in annual funding), teaching our four palliative care fellows and our commitment to provide the highest quality of clinical care for over 23,000 hospitalizations through Feinberg-affiliated hospitals.
Learn more about us via the links below.
- Chief's Message
Meet our chief, Kevin J. O'Leary, MD, MS; get his take on the division and specialty.
Get the latest on our awards, discoveries and more.
- Contact Us
Connect with our staff.
Back to top
Hospital Medicine is defining a new standard of excellence by:
- Delivering collaborative, compassionate, and comprehensive care to patients with complex conditions and their families.
- Researching and innovating to make a positive impact on patient and health system outcomes.
- Shaping the next generation of medical professionals through mentorship and education.
- Dedicated to COMPASSIONATE care and PARTNERSHIP with patients and families.
- LEADERS through COLLABORATION with patients, colleagues, and teams.
- Strengthened by DIVERSITY in ourselves and our patients.
- AGILE professionals, committed to continuously improving patient care, the health system, and ourselves.
- BALANCED in treatment approach, professional pursuits, and work/life.