Diversity and Cultural Affairs Council
The Diversity and Cultural Affairs Council of the Department of Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine was created to continue the department’s commitment to excellence in clinical education and research.
- To provide a comprehensive array of diversity initiatives designed to sensitize trainees and faculty members to multicultural issues.
- To ensure students, residents and attending physicians provide culturally sensitive care.
- To create an environment of inclusion that welcomes and supports people of varying backgrounds.
To address our mission, the Department of Medicine and the Diversity and Cultural Affairs Council have implemented several initiatives, including:
- Dedicated Grand Rounds to focusing on an array of issues involving diversity and cultural competence including barriers to care, international health and health disparities
- Residents participation in continuity clinics and other rotations that are designed to promote cultural competence both in Chicago and internationally
- Community service activities for residents and faculty (in development)
Members & Events
Campus & Community Resources
- Anti-Racisim Resources (CHET)
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association
- Feinberg School of Medicine Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Feinberg School of Medicine Office of Diversity Student Groups
- Feinberg School of Medicine Queers and Allies (Q&A)
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Muslim Student Association
- Northwestern McGaw Underrepresented Residents & Fellows Forum (NMURFF)
- Student National Medical Association
“The Department of Medicine strives towards providing a safe and inclusive environment as a means to strengthen the talent of our trainees and faculty.”
Douglas E. Vaughan, MD
Chairman, Department of Medicine
Irving S. Cutter Professor of Medicine